Added: 2011 Oct 23 (Sun)
Total cook time: 50 minutes
1. Juice the apples to make apple juice.
2. Pour apple juice in a large pot and heat on medium heat. Reduce by one half. (This will be the final serving pot.)
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. While juice is reducing, add leek, chili, garlic, cilantro, ginger, and flax seed to a food processor and pulse until well combined.
5. Juice the lime half then add tempeh, soy sauce, and lime juice to the food processor. Mix some more. Let stand for 10 minutes so the flax meal can hydrate.
6. Roll into marble-sized balls and place upon a non-stick baking sheet. Lightly coat with coconut oil and bake for 30 minutes until browned.
7. When tempeh is halfway finished, steam the green beans for 5-7 minutes until cooked through but still crisp.
8. Add green beans and tempeh to the reduced apple juice and toss gently. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
You can use 2 cups apple juice instead of the apples.
Add the outer layer of a stalk of lemongrass to the apple juice when reducing.
Use one leek.
Use an inch of ginger.
You should use 4 tbsp. of ponzu in place of soy sauce.
1 tbps. miso should be stirred into the apple juice reduction when reduced, and the lemongrass stalk can be removed.