Added: 2011 Sep 19 (Mon)
Total cook time: 2 hours 10 minutes
1. Mix soy sauce, sake, mirin, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, and sugar in a bowl. This is the marinade.
2. Place salmon in a freezer bag or a dish and pour marinade on top. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. Remove salmon, scrape off bits, and place on oiled cookie sheet or something. Broil in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, pour marinade in a saucepan and bring to simmer.
5. Serve salmon on rice and pour marinade on top.