Added: 2009 Sep 03 (Thu)
Total cook time: 45 minutes
1. Spray 9" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Place fish in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Mix wine, stock, and lemon juice in small bowl and pour over fish.
3. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
4. Melt butter in small saucepan. Remove from heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk and warm over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
5. Remove fish from oven and pour liquid from baking dish into saucepan, stirring until blended. Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with halved grapes.
6. Broil for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to brown. Serve on rice.
This recipe is under construction. It could benefit from braised fennel, shallots, garlic, tarragon, and white pepper.
Recommended fish: flounder, cod, or halibut.