Added: 2011 Feb 05 (Sat)
Total cook time: 03 hours 25 minutes
1. Warm the milk, oil, and honey. The microwave will do. Add the yeast after heated.
2. In large bowl, mix flours, oats, and salt.
3. Pour liquid into the bowl and stir with wood spoon. Begin kneading by hand for a few minutes until the dough feels tougher and more elastic.
4. Cover and let rise for 2 hours.
5. Coat a pizza peel (or cutting board) with cornmeal. Press the dough down and knead a few times. Form the dough into a loaf shape and place on the cornmeal. Cover with a towel and let rise for another 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Ideally, you'll have a baking stone. (Otherwise, a baking sheet ought to do.)
6. When risen, slice some slits in the top of the dough with a serrated knife and plop dough into the oven. Either spritz the dough or have a pan of water next to the dough to keep it humid for the first 5-10 minutes of baking.
7. After 10 minutes, turn down the temperature to 375 or 400°F. Bake for another 20-35 minutes.