Added: 2010 Aug 26 (Thu)
Total cook time: 03 hours 20 minutes
1. Roast millet in a pan until it turns a little browner. This is just about the time it starts to smoke/steam. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine warm water, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Add oats and flax and let sit for a minute.
4. Add molasses for color at some point. Why not now?
5. Gradually add flours, stirring often to blend it all in.
6. Stir in millet, sunflower seeds, poppy seeds, and pumpkin seeds. You'll need to use your hands to knead at this point. Finally, add the oil.
7. Cover and let the dough sit for about 2 hours.
8. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Knead the dough a bit and form it into a loaf shape. Dust the outside with more flour to prevent sticking. Let it rest for 20 minutes.
9. Slash the dough and spritz with water. Place the dough in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 400°F and bake for another 25 minutes.