Added: 2009 Nov 23 (Mon)
Total cook time: 40 minutes
1. If making your own sweet soy sauce, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, ketchup, rice wine vinegar, and garlic in a small pot on medium heat until warm.
2. Rinse the (sea) scallops under cold water. Pat them dry with paper towels. Slice each in half along the axis.
3. Trim and slice the green onion.
4. Seed and slice the green chili, be it jalapeño or serrano.
5. Heat the oil in a wok on high.
6. Add chili, green onion, and scallops and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
7. Add the soy sauce and butter and heat until the butter melts.